Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Live Blogging/Tea Grotto

This is the same two people as before:

UDOT does have some funny practices in my book. I don't know if you noticed, but sometimes they pave a road, and then six months later, to the day, there's the utility company to tear it up again.
I like this place, enough to keep coming back here. [at this point, they're clearly running out of things to say. She badly wants to leave.]
I'd like to live in England. They're funny people. They're depressed. //You laugh at that? //Yeah
...
Oh, that's right, Australia's totally cosmopolitan... everyone is first or second generation.
When they speak, they're hard to understand they have a very strong accent. [He laughs uproariously] I couldn't make heads or tails of it.//OK, yeah//I can't even begin to describe it, to imitate it. [he laughs out loud again] [She's looking in her bag, fiddling with her watch band. Fiddling with her bag. Ya think she wants to leave??]
Even in Australia, there's something about Queensland. Everything there can kill you in Australia, but in Queensland it's even more.
I hate spiders.
Yeah, my big brother, he woke up one night and there was a big spider, and it was as big as his hand and figured he couldn't do anything, so he just turned off the light and went to sleep.
Was he telling me this story, about the big spider? Yeah.
We freaked out in our apartment once, it was like two in the morning, there was this giant spider it was this big. I was finishing a story, and I hear this blood curdling scream. It scared me! This girl had a herniated disc and she jumped up onto the stool and was screaming Kill it Kill it! But it was huge.
My information about Australia is about four years old.
I'm still waiting for my dad to call me. His truck's in the shop, so both my parents...
I had this car, the front end was messed up and I couldn't figure it out.
So occasionally, things will work, or they won't, and it will just click//weird//Yeah//Click click//Yeah//Click click and you flood the engine with gas
Toyotas are wonderful, they give them crappy bodies, but the engines are great. The body just rusts right off them.
My brother had one. [now she's looking out the window and gripping the edge of the table]
But Toyotas are ok.//Yeah, I like 4-runners
My cousin is an archeologist, he was working up in Montana for the forest service. So my dad said, tell me when it stops running. I know Toyotas stop running at 180,000 miles. But he rolled it.
My dad's a geologist. We go out to the desert where the Airforce owns it. And they take these landgraders and cut a big swath. So I go out with my dad, and it's yeah. Or get shot by a passing aircraft carrier [yeah, he said carrier]
...
I wish I remember how to buy a car. My understanding is that they'll give you an offer, you say no, then they'll give you a second, and you should say no to that, and then you take the third offer. But I've never done it.
That's really too bad.
...
Time to go.//Yeah//What time's your flight?//6:00. And I have to find my hotel on my own.//Dude, that place is insane.... [they walk out the door.]

No comments: