Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Push comes to shove

Well, not really. But I'm quite troubled, so I'll tell my tale...

I was playing ultimate tonight. My ultimate history is another tale, but I still play a little. It was a lovely night, I have to say, and I needed the exercise besides.

I started slow, like I always do this early in the season, especially on a weeknight when I'd rather be writing about "Quo Vadimus" than out playing... in any case, I was covering this guy. He went to throw, upwind, breaking my mark. I didn't let him. I leaned my body over, and put out my arm. He threw it, I "caught" him, on the arm, across the shoulder a little. He was a little of balance and fell over. He got up, said something about my "arm being out" "over him." I said I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he said something about "shoving" him. I said something to the effect that he'd know it if I'd shoved him. I thought it was over.

Later that point, we got the disc back, I threw it, and he ran right into me and shoved me! I over-reacted asked him what the hell had happened. He said "I was just following through" after the disc. Then I really reacted, told him--yelled at him--that if he did it again, I'd rip his arm off. I kept on yelling longer than I should have, although I never should have yelled at all. I'm mad at myself, is the short of it.

No comments: