Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dating in SLC

Yahoo Personals is useless. It's a lower class of people than Match. I can't speak to other services, but there is a clear level of difference between the women on each site. I'd love to hear what folks think about that. Maybe I'll figure out some objective way of measuring it, though it would require some kind of subjective measure (i.e., can I put in some search criteria and see who "pops out"?)

Anyway, I let that service lapse. I will probably let Match lapse, but I'm not 100% yet.

What can I say about dating in Salt Lake?

* It's impossible to meet people
* Half of those you do meet are Mormon (not that there's anything wrong with that.)
* Apparently, almost half of the remainder are crazy, too. (no comment on the relative sanity of Mormons)
* No club/bar/place seems to exist for people over the age of 30 to meet people, or even interact. (Fiddler's Elbow, the Bayou are both great, but no one actually talks to people they don't know, do they?).

Here is what Citysearch lists under "Date" and Salt Lake City:
Zanzibar
The Bayou
Burt's Tiki Lounge
Port O' Call Social Club
Downtown Underground / Safari Club
Club Bambara
The Aerie Lounge (in Snowbird, good for dates, can't meet anyone there)
Circle Lounge
Paper Moon (gay club, probably good for meeting people)
Lumpy's (Reallly???)
Tavernacle Social Club
Area 51
Leprechaun Inn (DIVE)
Tap Room (DIVE 2)
Troll Hallen Lounge (Deer Valley???)



No comments: