Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Don Imus

I don't know why I'm writing about him/this. Why do we have such a hard time balancing the fact that he's not necessarily racist... just an old-fashioned shit-head? I don't know if he's really a racist, but in this world, there are people who think bad things on a superficial level without thinking evil things. I don't know... I can categorically say that I am not racist, but I've caught myself thinking things I wouldn't want my minority friends to hear... I don't even agree with those things. I mean, I think some jokes are funny, some that are arguably racist or sexist. But I don't agree with them. I think some Jewish jokes are funny.

Someone just said something good on TV. To be a racist you have to hate black people. And he doesn't hate them. So, I don't know. I just don't want him to turn into a martyr or somesuch.

No comments: