Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hump Day

Weather (outside): Supposed to get warm today, frigid the rest of the week.
Weather (inside): Hoping for kind of the opposite.

Quick updates: Met Kim, she's going to be a no-go. I like her ok but not my type. I could handle meeting for beers or drinks or coffee/tea, but there will be no kissy-kiss. Good example of how the right pictures can be a little misleading. No blame--she added flattering pictures, I saw what I wanted to see!

Still just talking to HG. She seems pretty into me, was very thankful when I called her last night. Lunch Friday, ambiguous plans for Monday. Babysitter problems.

AM continues to make periodic contacts, but seems to have no interest at all in taking things further. Not sure why she makes those contacts.

No real talk with FL. I emailed her yesterday but nothing back. She apparently doesn't have email at home. Which makes her the opposite of HG, who only has email at home. I feel less enthusiastic about her. Can't figure out why, she seems nice and from her pictures pretty attractive. But between the Ogden thing and her schedule and I don't know, what seems like a lot of work, not sure she's worth it.

New contact: As soon as I declared Yahoo Personals a disaster, someone new comes along. First, I have two women contacting me on YP that are just not my type and I'm trying to figure out how to handle it. One even sent an email blaming herself for my silence--a bad sign on several levels. But anyhoo... New contact is ML. 29, works, makes decent $$, seems cute if a little short, 5-yo daughter, divorced, recently in Utah, though not sure how recent. Not a stunner but cute, like I said. She seems enthusiastic and into it. But we've been there before, haven't we? Tonight will be telling with her, she wants to exchange IM's.

Speaking of IM's, FF has pulled back. I guess I'm ok with that. She's nice and cute and all that, but, well, I already talked about it. Will let her make the next move. She keeps a certain distance.

So that's the quick update. Getting more used to the whole dating thing. Need to master how to say no or at least make myself seem unavailable in a nice but not too passive-aggressive way.

No comments: