Monday, January 8, 2007

Monday morning update

Weather (outside): Apparently cold, definitely cloudy
Weather (inside): Cautiously optimistic

So Saturday I met in person HG. She seems very nice. Kid with ambiguous parentage, she didn't volunteer what happened to dad, I never quite found a good segue into it. She's not a stunner--except when I told her I might be moving, then she seemed a little stunned--but attractive, fairly smart, easy to talk to. Goodnight kiss = yes. Nothing smashing, the kind of thing I might do with an old friend. But still.

And I'm still talking to FL. I really have no idea what's going on there. I like talking to her, but... well, she's in Ogden, for one thing. That's a long ways a way. I wonder if I'm talking to her just because she's talking to me? I've been known to do that.

I got an email from someone I had one date with (no nickname needed)... apparently I dated one of her friends, too, so she's no longer in the picture. She didn't seem mad and I didn't pursue it. I'm guessing it's HG, but asking is kind of out of the question, isn't it?

And I think Yahoo Personals is kind of a disaster so far. Several interesting people who keep looking at me, but don't respond to my emails. A consistent flow of folks who are, to be frank, not possibilities and there are two people I'm talking to, FF, and someone else who I don't mind talking to but am not attracted to. That seems more the norm in Yahoo Personals than in Match. At this point I kind of feel like my dance card is full. I don't think I've met the girl of my dreams yet. And, AM, my only likely sleep-over mate, keeps not doing it. I'm probably too nice, but I digress... Anyway, I kind of feel like between FL and HG right now, chatting with FF, well, it seems like a lot. I'm going to keep looking, but I can't juggle FL, HG, AM, FF, and even Kim, who I haven't talked about yet.

Kim: No initials, sorry. Breaking my rule. She's a little older, her pictures seem spread out over several years, so it's hard to tell what I'm getting into. But we talked for like an hour the other night and she even called me back to ask about some Match procedure. So we'll get togther this week and see if we go beyond tea/coffee or not.

So anyway, yeah, between getting the You Dated my Friend email and having to remember who I've told what anecdote to and just having the time, well, I feel like I can't do a lot more. We'll see, right?

And, I mean, more proof that Salt Lake City is a really small town. I only guessed that it's HG based on the timing. But how small is SLC when I date two friends who don't work together, and don't have that much in common other than Match? Anyway, no biggie, I'll live.

No comments: