Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday Morning, another one

Another Saturday morning, that is. Weather (outside): Sunny, but colder than hell. Weather (inside): Tentatively hopeful but small element of fear.

Let's see... still no contact to FL. Feel bad about that.

ML... well, another IM discussion Thursday, I was feeling pretty jazzed about her. But she's kind of disappeared. Sent probably too many (is 4 too many over 24 hours?) texts and one or two IMs to her, nothing back. So we'll see. Text isn't most people's preferred method of communication. And, according to her IM status, she's "out" which could actually be a sign that she wanted me to know she wasn't available, rather than avoiding her. Or perhaps I am overthinking it. Wouldn't be the first time. We talked about talking today, I'll call in a few hours.

Got an email late last night from someone from the past--if before Xmas can be considered the past. We had a disagreement about how much contact was reasonable and I sent her a nice email saying when her life was less busy I'd be happy to talk again--and then I wrote her off. Not sure if she even meant to email me. Because of that, not even giving her a label yet. The email had an oddly nonchalant tone to it that makes me wonder if she'd mistaken me for someone else. We'll see.

Talked very briefly with HG last night. There's something not quite right. Can't put my finger on it. Her work is very busy--two employees out unexpectedly--but I guess it seems like work impinges too much on her outside of work. I know that happens to people and I'm trying to withhold judgment. She had to bag out on lunch yesterday, which was fine-- I had a meeting that I could have missed but I'm glad I didn't. We're also supposed to talk today or tomorrow for plans on Monday. We talked about skiing but there's no way I'm going outside for any extended period of time in that icebox outside. ML had wanted to try to do something then, too, so I have to say that it could get interesting if HG kind of pulls away. But I feel like she has the day until I hear otherwise.

Just to keep the updates coming, I got a message from FF saying she hadn't logged in in a few days and that it wasn't a snub. I'll keep an open mind about her, but the onus will be on her to contact me, I guess. I wrote her a nothing note this morning to kind of knock the ball back into her court.

No comments: